About this Course
Dive into the ocean of ideas, practices, and culture that evolved into modern yoga. Designed for serious students of yoga and meditation, this is a university-level introduction to Yoga history from an engaging scholar-practitioner.
- 16 hours of engaging lecture, including stories, philosophy, images, and excerpts from classical texts, recorded live in Berkeley, CA in 2017
- Hundreds of beautiful slides with classical imagery & text excerpts
- Guided meditations for personal practice
- Comprehensive handout, including text excerpts & suggestions for further study
- Inquiry questions to support you on your path
- Monthly video chats with Dr. Oakes & a community of sincere practitioners
The full course experience will unfold over 8 weeks, with a focus on 1 topic per week. Each topic is comprised of multiple, short video lessons, inquiry questions and practices, as well as suggestions for further study.
The course begins on Sunday, October 13th, 2019.
Join two live Q&A sessions on Thursdays, November 7th and December 5th, 6:30-8pm PST via Zoom.
Enroll in the Course
All courses are offered in the Gift Economy model. To begin listening to the course, please enter a gift amount of your choosing, from $0 to wherever your generosity leads you.
There is no rule for how much one should give. Giving (dāna) is a practice, not a purchase. Your generosity serves your own heart and practice, and allows us to share these teachings with everyone who might benefit from them, regardless of access to wealth.
Enrolling includes lifetime access to the course.